Breathe's Got Talent 2020
CALL FOR ENTRIES NOW OPEN! SUBMIT HERE >
FREE FAQ SESSION ON ZOOM: Saturday 3 October, 6pm
Come and ask all your questions and get all your worries soothed :) Please register for the Zoom session here in order to receive the link.
Closing date for entries: 10/10 (10 October 2020)
Breathe's Got Talent is an online showcase that will be broadcast 'LIVE' at $10/ticket* for viewers (details to be announced). Performers will be hosted in our studios.
- Solo - $50/person entry fee*
- Duo (2 people only) - $30/person entry fee
*Collections will go towards supporting our performers for this showcase.
- 1 overall winner (either solo or duo - not PER category)
- Show Virtuoso - Teachers' Choice Award
- Most Creative Choreography & Theme
- Most Entertaining
- Best Costume
- 60% viewer votes, 40% judges' points (musicality and flow, showmanship, creativity/originality, costuming, execution).
- Judges: Christine (Oma) + 2 sponsor judges.
- Only viewers who have purchased a ticket are eligible to vote.
- Participants must be a student of Breathe Dance Co (at any point in time; workshops and private classes included).
- Private classes CANNOT be used to create choreography (only to clean up tricks/combos).
- There must be an element of pole in your choreography (i.e. not pure chair or floorwork only).
- Duration of performance must not exceed 3min 30sec per item.
- Duo items must be non-contact and cannot share poles.
- Costuming must be tasteful and have ample coverage (no thongs/g-strings, nipple tassels or nudity allowed).
- Performers agree to attending an in-house photo shoot for publicity/promotional purposes.
- The cost of costuming, props, accessories etc is to be borne by performers.
- No feathers, glitter or confetti to be used. Also no full body paint or anything that will stain/rub off on the poles/floor.
- Preview of 2021 Term 1 routines by Breathe instructors.
- Surprise half-time guest performance.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Can I enter in both categories?
Yes, you may enter in both the solo AND duo category if you choose.
What level do I have to be at to sign up?
There are no restrictions. All levels are welcome.
Must I wear heels?
Heels are not mandatory.
I need to drop out due to injury/personal reasons. Can I request a refund?
There will be no refunds/credits of the entry fees under any circumstances.